|Five Stones Hostel is located within the prime historic and commercial district of Singapore. |
Address : 61, South Bridge Road.
Just a (five) stone's throw away is the historic Singapore River where the story of our nation's prosperity started; Clarke Quay and Boat Quay which together, form a seamless F&B and entertainment arc by the waterfront; Singapore's main financial hub, the Central Business District (CBD); Central Shopping Mall, Funan IT Mall, Fort Canning Hill, and many more tourists attractions that are within a walking radius of the hostel.
And some of these games and cultural influences form the themes of bunks and private rooms at FSH. I really like how the hostel is named after a game that invoked so much nostalgia and fond childhood memories in me. Gosh, I'm old! So any tourist staying here would be like living amongst things close to the hearts of
|The bunks and rooms come with good quality orthopaedic mattresses that are also anti-dustmites. I had a test of the bed. Springy and comfortable indeed. The bed is just right for my average Asian size.|
|A game of congkak awaits while a miniature trishaw welcomes guests to bunks with the respective themes. All done to give visitors to Singapore an intimate encounter on top of the sights, sounds and cuisines.|
|Guests can befriend and share travel stories at common areas such as the corridor featuring a mural of early Singapore. Bunk 305 is a female-only bunk while the others are mixed.|
|View of the common wash area and showers. There are also washing machines for laundry.|
|View of a common area featuring a wall mural of modern-day Singapore's skyline.|
As I end of this preview review of FSH, I would like to share why this hostel is worth checking in to in my opinion...
5 Rock Solid Reasons to Stay Here
1) Central Location - I am a local. So trust me on this. The location is one of the best for a backpack hostel. It is just a block away from Clarke Quay MRT Station and a fleet of buses link it to the rest of Singapore.
2) Good Value-for-Money - A bunk bed costs between S$30 - S$35 and a private room costs S$90 a night. And the hostel has tie-ups with merchants around its vicinity for special promotions and discounted prices on products and services for guests. Breakfast included during stays.
3) Great Ambience - The place is clean, neat, bright and cheerful. A refreshing image for budget stays which are very susceptible to poor design and neglect in upkeeping.
4) Top-Grade Orthopaedic Mattresses - Budget accomodation doesn't need to be a compromise in comfort.
5) Free Wi-Fi - Unlimited free access is available in all bunks and rooms. This is really great when compared to most hotels that only offer access only at the lobbies. So you can just lie in bed and get your daily fix of Facebook.
Five Stones Hostel will definitely rock the backpacking scene in Singapore!